Faucet Fell off without leakage

Users who are viewing this thread

noob_at_plumbing

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Today, after doing laundry, I went on to wash my hands in the sink and suddenly faucet fell off. Water started coming out of a pipe.

I don't think that faucet fitting was done properly in the first place. This was the first time anyone tried to use that sink.

A plumber said that if the installation wasn't done properly in the first place then it must have resulted in leakage.

There was no apparent leakage, so the question is: is it possible for the non-leaky faucet to fall off with force no more than required to turn it on?

Thx.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
We do NOT know what you mean by "faucet". Some people use the term very "loosely" and do NOT really mean the "faucet". How about a picture, since a "faucet" would be rigidly attached to something and could NOT "fall off". "water coming out of a pipe" could also mean many different things.

noob_at_plumbing

Reaction score
We do NOT know what you mean by "faucet". Some people use the term very "loosely" and do NOT really mean the "faucet". How about a picture, since a "faucet" would be rigidly attached to something and could NOT "fall off". "water coming out of a pipe" could also mean many different things.

Thanks for reply.
Picture is attached for more clarity.
By "Faucet", I mean the whole metal thing. Water started coming out of the pipe from inside the wall.

Attachments

• IMG_20171207_234430.jpg
    IMG_20171207_234430.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It would help to see what's behind the faucet.
But let me guess: the pipe, to which the faucet is threaded, is completely rusted out...to the point that it can no longer support the faucet.
You will have to replace the pipe inside the wall.

noob_at_plumbing

Reaction score
It would help to see what's behind the faucet.
But let me guess: the pipe, to which the faucet is threaded, is completely rusted out...to the point that it can no longer support the faucet.
You will have to replace the pipe inside the wall.

Thanks for the reply.
THE pipe might have been the issue.
What would I like to know is: Would you trust me if I say I tried to turn on the faucet (which wasn't leaky), and suddenly it fell off and water started flooding out of the pipe in the wall? Is it possible if the pipe was rusted out? Can you imagine any other scenario where this could have taken place?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"What would I like to know is: Would you trust me if I say I tried to turn on the faucet (which wasn't leaky), and suddenly it fell off and water started flooding out of the pipe in the wall? Is it possible if the pipe was rusted out? Can you imagine any other scenario where this could have taken place?"

This is what I think:
- The faucet broke off because it had nothing to hold on to.
- Water came gushing out because your water system in under pressure.
- I can't imagine any other reason, unless there are facts pointing to other causes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks