Extra turn to start water running Price Pfister 3-handled shower

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Samuel Shlozberg, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Samuel Shlozberg

Samuel Shlozberg New Member

I have replaced a leaky hot water handle cartridge (and seat) in an old Price Pfister 3-handle shower. Leak has stopped but now I need to turn the handle about 270 degrees before the water starts running.

What did I do wrong?

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Could be any of several possibilities, but they all involve something not tight enough. For what its worth, I SELDOM "repaired" Pfister compression stems. I usually converted the valve to 1/4 turn lifetime ceramic stems with modern trim and handles.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Samuel Shlozberg

Samuel Shlozberg New Member

Thx. I probably would do that too if I knew how :)

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    correct, but now you know WHY I seldom repaired them. Check your washers to be sure they are tight.