ELM AquaStar 125VP

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by TeaDrinker42, Feb 19, 2019.

1. TeaDrinker42

TeaDrinker42 New Member

Hi everyone. After years of reliable use, the burners aren't staying lit after turning on the hot water. They come on for a few seconds and then turn off. So far to troubleshoot, I've cleaned the pilot light assembly, checked the thermostatic sensor to make sure it was clean, checked the cold water inlet screen, checked water flow rate at tap, and recalibrated the thermostat. The only change I've noticed is the pilot light seems to be bigger than normal, and until I cleaned it, it was burning more orange than usual. Now its burns blue, but is at least double the size I think it should be. Any tips on what to try next? Thank you!

2. TeaDrinker42

TeaDrinker42 New Member

All fixed! The thermostat piston assembly was not coming down on it's own, after adjusting the thermostat to the 4mm, I manually pulled the thermostat piston assembly down to meet the metal crossbar and it's up and running. I'm guessing that was keeping it from releasing the right amount of gas pressure to the burners. I hope some of my troubleshooting helps someone else out too!

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement