Dual Vanity drain and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

BartG

Reaction score
I want to install a dual vanity in the upstairs bathroom. Existing piping is for single vanity. All piping is in the wall - the pipes that are shown running diagonally is my attempt of isometric view, they are horizontal coming out of the wall.
Existing single vanity.JPG
Option 1 - add a sanitary tee to the existing drain (yellow pipe) and another vent (gray pipe). I'm not sure if the horizontal sanitary tee and 1.5" drain is OK here.

Dual vanity Option 1.JPG

Option 2 - run a separate drain to the main stack (yellow pipe) and another vent (gray pipe).

Dual vanity Option 2.JPG

I prefer Option 1 as this way I'd avoid cutting the main stack which is not easy to access.
Please advise.

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would go with option one, however I would put a Wye and 45 instead of a sanitary tee to run a new line to the second sink as sanitary tees are not allowed to be installed on their side/back here in Canada. I drew a picture as to what I mean.

ideally, the other 2 options that we usually do are in the second picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 500
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 524
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks