Drain for 15th century sink with large hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Lindy Deatherage

Reaction score
Hello. We have purchased this antique stone sink with a 2 and 3/4 inch depth hole with a 2 inch diameter. Would like to install a bronze drain, but not sure exact specs on the drain that would work for this sink. Would love your advice.

ImOld

Octogenerian
Reaction score
Where is this sink? What is it used for? Pop-up drain, flat open drain like a shower?

The hole dimensions are just outside of standard sizes for pop-drains. Might make it on the 2" diameter but the hole depth is beyond the standard takeup depth.

They do make pop-up drains for your dimensions but I would expect an order rather than finding at a store.

Here is an example of the dimensions you need.

Attachments

• longdrain.pdf
    104.3 KB · Views: 138

Lindy Deatherage

Reaction score
Where is this sink? What is it used for? Pop-up drain, flat open drain like a shower?

The hole dimensions are just outside of standard sizes for pop-drains. Might make it on the 2" diameter but the hole depth is beyond the standard takeup depth.

They do make pop-up drains for your dimensions but I would expect an order rather than finding at a store.

Here is an example of the dimensions you need.[/QUOTE

Lindy Deatherage

Reaction score
Thank you for the information. The sink is in a powder bath and will be used infrequently. We would like to install a pop up drain and will utilize the specs that you provided to guide us. Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks