Does condensation cause hard water spots?

Users who are viewing this thread

uscpsycho

Reaction score
I can't find the answer online and I'm not really sure where to ask a question like this. But I thought plumbers might know the answer.

I have an oversized shower that's not vented and has glass on three sides. So after I turn the hot water on it only takes a few seconds for condensation to start building up on the glass, and there is a lot of glass. At the end of the shower I go through the hassle of squeegeeing all that glass even though the shower water doesn't come in contact with most of it.

Do I really need to squeegee all the condensation off of the glass or can I just do the parts with shower water on them? I know that minerals in the water cause water spots so it seems logical that condensation won't have minerals and so it won't cause water spots. But I can also conceive of a scenario where the condensation could cause water spots.

Does anyone here know the answer to this?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Condensation would be from the air , but shower water could be loaded with minerals . if your spriklers outside spray on car youll get spots but rain water wont . Inside a warm shower that shower mist can get eve3n where it dosent spray and wind up on that glass I belive cant swear by it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks