DIY: How to pressure test PEX water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

IndyGopher

Reaction score
Hey all. Finishing my basement and just finished running PEX to the bathroom fixture locations. The builder left two sets of stubs off the main floor supply lines for me to hook into: one set for a vanity and toilet and another for a separate tub and shower. I used a crimp tool for everything and have plugged all my stub outs and fixtures. Before I shut off water to the house and make final connections to the main supply lines in the ceiling, I'm assuming I need to test everything I ran. I emailed my inspector to ask about specific requirements, but I'm wondering if anyone can walk me through the process or point me to resources about the best way to test everything. I have an air compressor and believe that's one way to do it, but I'm a little unclear on what I need to buy and how to hook everything up. I'm willing to hire a plumber for this part if that's recommended, but I've done pretty much the entire project myself to this point and could probably handle it if it's simple enough. Thanks for any advice!

Reach4

Reaction score
Before I shut off water to the house and make final connections to the main supply lines in the ceiling, I'm assuming I need to test everything I ran. I emailed my inspector to ask about specific requirements, but I'm wondering if anyone can walk me through the process or point me to resources about the best way to test everything.
I think you just turn on the water, and look.

IndyGopher

Reaction score
Oh, OK. Guess I was overthinking this! So I simply hook up the supply lines one at a time and look for leaks? Easy enough. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks