Diverter Stem Identification

Users who are viewing this thread

Archimedes

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I need some help identifying the diverter in my 3 handle shower. I initially wanted to just rebuild it, but I quickly ran into trouble finding washers/gaskets that looked like the correct size. I then thought I'd try to find the whole stem, but since this is the first time I've ever replaced/rebuilt one, I wasn't sure if I'm reading the guides on this correctly. There are 16 splines, I think it is considered "C" but might be "B" and it looks like it measures 5-7/16" (that was measured with a ruler, so it might be off a 1/16" but it shouldn't be off by much so I think that would make it size 11). So I tried Googling that info, and found this reference guide https://content.interlinebrands.com/product/document/10145/133938_Brochure.pdf. I initially thought it might be a Gerber 98-726, but that is 5-3/4" (6" in that guide) and listed as size 12. Then I found Central Brass ST4014-B which is 5-1/4" but is size 11 and C splines. So using the guide, I thought it would be this, I just wasn't sure because the length is definitely different. I checked a few times, it is definitely not 5-1/4" or 5-3/4". Does this sound like the correct one, or does it need to be the exact same length?
The cap thread gasket on my current one looks to be 1-1/32"id x 1-5/32"od and the diverter gasket 17/32"id x 15/16"od. I think this might be the diverter gasket https://www.acehardware.com/departm...ViI3ICh1Kcw14EAQYBCABEgKmbPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds but I can't find the cap thread gasket. So if you know of a kit with something that might fit, or a gasket that I missed, that would also be great!
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20230123_142125.jpg
    20230123_142125.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 20230123_141954.jpg
    20230123_141954.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 112

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is without a doubt Gerber 98-726. This valve was most popular sold as 4803083.

The OEM diverter assembly has changed in looks since going from an American company to a chinese company

Archimedes

Reaction score
It is without a doubt Gerber 98-726. This valve was most popular sold as 4803083.

The OEM diverter assembly has changed in looks since going from an American company to a chinese company
Well, that sounds convincing enough for me. Good thing I asked, I would've picked the wrong one! And that also answers what would've came up next, which seats are in there! Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks