Dishwasher drain hose question

Users who are viewing this thread

BobbytheBus

Reaction score
I changed my kitchen sink and now the drain is positioned further away from the dishwasher then before causing the dishwasher drain to still make it to the tail piece but I can't make the high loop because it's now not long enough. I got a barb hose connector to help extend the hose but I'm not sure what hose I should be using. Can I use a vinyl hose or do I need something different? I just need about 18 inches of whatever hose I use if that makes a difference.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A dishwasher hose works under very little pressure. Using a reinforced vinyl hose is OK, however, dishwasher extension hoses are avaialble. If you do use a barb coupler, reinforce it with hose clamps.

Some dishwashers have the high loop attached to the back of the dishwasher before looping down to the floor. if yours has it then another high loop is not needed.

BobbytheBus

Reaction score
A dishwasher hose works under very little pressure. Using a reinforced vinyl hose is OK, however, dishwasher extension hoses are avaialble. If you do use a barb coupler, reinforce it with hose clamps.

Some dishwashers have the high loop attached to the back of the dishwasher before looping down to the floor. if yours has it then another high loop is not needed.
Thank you.

Thank you. For some reason I'm struggling searching for dishwasher extension hoses. I keep getting results for replacement hoses only.

Reach4

Reaction score
I changed my kitchen sink and now the drain is positioned further away from the dishwasher then before causing the dishwasher drain to still make it to the tail piece
Is the diameter of the tailpiece branch the same as that of the old tailpiece, or is the newer one bigger diameter?

Or is the old one 5/8 and the newer branch 7/8 od?

BobbytheBus

Reaction score
Is the diameter of the tailpiece branch the same as that of the old tailpiece, or is the newer one bigger diameter?

Or is the old one 5/8 and the newer branch 7/8 od?
It's the same 5/8. I have it working without the high loop right now but wanted to fix it.

BobbytheBus

Reaction score
Dishwasher hoses are almost universal at least in size. HD has a Bosch extension hose in their stores.
That one looks good since I can use only the length I need but my tailpiece is 5/8 and that is 3/4. Will a clamp hold the in place?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks