Direction of santee on vent connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Djarchow

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but the pictures for those posts have disappeared and the replies referred to the pictures. I am finishing up my basement plumbing and the last task before rough inspection is the connection of the basement bar vent to the vent coming from the kitchen sink. This connection is about 8" above the flood plane of the kitchen sink

The 90 on the right in my picture is the kitchen sink vent and runs into the next stud bay where it connects to one of the main 3" vent stacks going out to the roof. The vent pipe on the left comes up from the basement bar sink and I am going to connect it to the line going to the 3" stack. I am going to use a santee to connect the two vents and to the line going to the 3" stack. I know that air doesn't care but will my inspector care if I use the tee in the direction in the picture? I know that the direction is opposite what it should be but it gives me more room to get a repair coupling on the horizontal pipe on the right.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Dennis

IMG_20190908_212844.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe a santee with a spigot output would give you more room for your banded coupler.
img_2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks