DEC 2019 Takagi H3S-OS (propane) operates when it feels like it

Users who are viewing this thread

PianoDr

Reaction score
My outside Takagi has been operating inconsistently for the past month with a 111 error code. It only runs when the sun is warming the outside of the enclosure.

I've cleaned, tested, or replaced the usual suspects (water filter, ignitor, flow meter, burner units, high limit switch). I replaced the overheat cutoff fuse (a little like a heart transplant), and that helped for a day or two. I installed a replacement computer board. No change. Ohm measurements of the main gas valve and the three gas solenoid valves fit within the ranges of 'normal resistance'.

I haven't measured the LP Max and Min manifold pressures yet because it requires the unit to be operating. It does operate occasionally so I'm assuming static propane pressure is ok.

In one of the manuals I read that outside units on Propane can have troubles in cold weather. This unit has operated well in all seasons until very recently, so as a last resort I'm contemplating replacing the gas manifold assembly...my thinking is that one of those four solenoids may be operating inappropriately.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks