Another Takagi 111 error issue (NG, with remote, replaced common suspects, no ignition clicks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Gstahl

Reaction score
Folks,
I read the previous Takagi 111 error issues and consulted the troubleshooting guide. It seems I am likely getting no spark.

Fans run; I hear the thunks but no clicks. I have replaced the flame/AFR rod, hi-limit switch, and ignitor assembly, including the ignitor rod.
The overheat cutoff fuse resistance measures 0.6 ohms
I have also cleaned the filters; the natural gas supply is unchanged and works for other appliances.

Anything I have missed?

I do not hear any spark, hear the three thunks but never see or hear a spark. I am leaning toward the control board, as that seems to be where most of the rest of the troubleshooting is going. Given I have exhausted the simple replacement part fixes, I suspect it is time to get someone out to look at it (I have not found a Takagi service person in my area yet).

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Geoff

Gstahl

Reaction score
Sorry T-K3 (seems to be the original T-K3, as marked on the cover). Natural gas version. It seems to have very good water flow through the unit.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I quit working on the Takagi and Noritz quite a few years ago after liking the better interface and repair-ability of Navien. I literally threw away the factory training manuals, I found Navien so much more to my sensibilities.
Can you get the display to register flow? If so, check that is shows relatively accurate gpm when you open a tap or flick open the T&P valve.
Call factory tech desk if they will talk to you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks