cracked drain area talavera sink

Users who are viewing this thread

truecker

Reaction score
Disaster struck when I was tightening down the drain on our talavera sink--I tightened too hard and it cracked around the drain area. Thinking I could find a larger 3.5 flange for the smaller flange to sit in, or some kind of larger flange drain. Any options/suggestions along these lines to avoid ripping out the sink and having to likely pull and recut a new countertop?
IMG_0896.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg
IMG_0898.jpeg

truecker

Reaction score
Not a plumber. Can you get another sink with the same dimensions?
Thanks for replying! They're handmade and I got them while in another state, so I will take the template we cut and try to find one next time traveling there--not sure how alike they are, but hopefully they're close. For now, my idea is to just set a non overflow drain down into the recessed area. It won't look super nice, but I think I can make it function for the foreseeable future.

bingow

Reaction score
Another DIYer here. Lots of "Talavera" sinks online at interesting prices, but I have no idea about comparable quality or exact fit.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I cant really see whats going on there ? whats all the black stuff? its either repairable or not I dont see a crack looks like a big hunk is missing? but why cant it easily be replaced ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks