Copper supply line tee into tee? Bad idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jon Beeker

Reaction score
Hello All,

I do not have a picture so hopefully this makes sense. I have 3/4 copper supply lines running across my basement. Right now there is a tee in the middle that has a vertical pipe that rises 4 inches, then an elbow and the 3/4 copper runs perpendicular to the original supply lines. Eventually these make it to the 2nd floor bathrooms. I am putting in a new kitchen sink that happens to be in the opposite direction of the pipes that eventually make it upstairs. The question is, can the tee on the supply line rise 4 inches, and then go into another tee, where one direction makes it upstairs as before, and the second direction heads the other way to 1/2 copper for the sink? Or, do I just have another tee in the main supply line right next to the original tee?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Supply piping is pressurized. The loss in these 3/4 inch fittings is fairly small.

You can do it either way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks