Copper supply line tee into tee? Bad idea?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jon Beeker, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Jon Beeker

Jon Beeker New Member

Hello All,

I do not have a picture so hopefully this makes sense. I have 3/4 copper supply lines running across my basement. Right now there is a tee in the middle that has a vertical pipe that rises 4 inches, then an elbow and the 3/4 copper runs perpendicular to the original supply lines. Eventually these make it to the 2nd floor bathrooms. I am putting in a new kitchen sink that happens to be in the opposite direction of the pipes that eventually make it upstairs. The question is, can the tee on the supply line rise 4 inches, and then go into another tee, where one direction makes it upstairs as before, and the second direction heads the other way to 1/2 copper for the sink? Or, do I just have another tee in the main supply line right next to the original tee?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Supply piping is pressurized. The loss in these 3/4 inch fittings is fairly small.

You can do it either way.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement