Connect existing black ABS to new brass (chrome finish) trap

Users who are viewing this thread

rkb

Reaction score
I'm converting a vanity to a pedestal sink.

The trap and drain pipe is black ABS plastic. Because that will now be (partially) exposed, I want to cut the ABS inside the wall and connect a brass (with a chrome finish) pipe to it (and continue that to a new brass trap also with a chrome finish). Because of the location of a joint inside the wall, if I use a Fernco connector, the Fernco will then extend outside the wall, which kind of defeats the aesthetic purpose in the first place.

How can I connect the new brass pipe to the existing ABS plastic inside the wall without a Fernco connector?

Thanks!
Rob

Ontario Plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
I'm converting a vanity to a pedestal sink.

The trap and drain pipe is black ABS plastic. Because that will now be (partially) exposed, I want to cut the ABS inside the wall and connect a brass (with a chrome finish) pipe to it (and continue that to a new brass trap also with a chrome finish). Because of the location of a joint inside the wall, if I use a Fernco connector, the Fernco will then extend outside the wall, which kind of defeats the aesthetic purpose in the first place.

How can I connect the new brass pipe to the existing ABS plastic inside the wall without a Fernco connector?

Thanks!
Rob

Usa a fit in trap adaptor which should extend out just beyond the drywall. There is a chrome flange which comes with the chrome p-trap which will cover the trap adaptor once you've tightened it.