Cone Seal for 3/8" Soft Compression Fitting on Flexible Water Supply

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DaveC1, Aug 2, 2019.

1. DaveC1

DaveC1 New Member

My flexible water supply line is leaking even though relatively new.....possible I over tightened it....in any case, I dont want to throw it away. Cant seem to find a replacement cone seal....where could I find one?....old one picture is attached.

Attached Files:

2. cjlambert

cjlambert Red-Seal Licensed Plumber

Magician
    I can’t say for sure, but I doubt you’ll find a replacement, aside from on a new hose x)

If you’re dead set on trying to save it, wrap the outside of the “cone seal” with Teflon tape (twice around, snug), then pop it back onto the hose and give it a try. That’s what I would do... if I were between a rock and a hard place, anyways.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Tuttles Revenge

Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

Overtightening is the most common cause of leaks on flexible supplies. Most manufactures instructions want hand tight plus a 1/4 turn with a wrench.. hand tight is subjective so good luck on that, but basically tight enuf not to leak and just a tad more to keep the nut from backing off.

As far as salvaging the cone, as suggested above, but I wouldn't warranty that.. I would call the manufacture and see what they offer.

5. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    You might throw a dollar away and go to home depot.

Attached Files:

6. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member