Cone Seal for 3/8" Soft Compression Fitting on Flexible Water Supply

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveC1

Reaction score
My flexible water supply line is leaking even though relatively new.....possible I over tightened it....in any case, I dont want to throw it away. Cant seem to find a replacement cone seal....where could I find one?....old one picture is attached.

Attachments

• Cone Seal.jpg
    Cone Seal.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 396

Cjlambert

Red-Seal Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
I can’t say for sure, but I doubt you’ll find a replacement, aside from on a new hose x)

If you’re dead set on trying to save it, wrap the outside of the “cone seal” with Teflon tape (twice around, snug), then pop it back onto the hose and give it a try. That’s what I would do... if I were between a rock and a hard place, anyways.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Overtightening is the most common cause of leaks on flexible supplies. Most manufactures instructions want hand tight plus a 1/4 turn with a wrench.. hand tight is subjective so good luck on that, but basically tight enuf not to leak and just a tad more to keep the nut from backing off.

As far as salvaging the cone, as suggested above, but I wouldn't warranty that.. I would call the manufacture and see what they offer.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might throw a dollar away and go to home depot.

Attachments

• white-everbilt-polyethylene-pipe-fittings-800649-fa_1000.jpg
    white-everbilt-polyethylene-pipe-fittings-800649-fa_1000.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 455
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks