Condensate boiler drain location?

Users who are viewing this thread

r2digital

Reaction score
Hello, just had a quick question. I have a navien ncb250/150h and need to drain the condensate into the plumbing stack which is abs plastic. On the very back wall there is a clean out. Can i add a ptrap at this location and send the neutralized condensate here through my condensate pump?

Attachments

• IMG_9427.jpeg
    IMG_9427.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 94

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
If you have 100% plastic drains in the house and the sewer outside, then yes.
Condensate normally should be run through a condensate neutralizer to prevent any metal drains from acidic waste damage.
Be aware that a standing p-trap in a basement is at risk of sewer backup overflow while unattended...so water/moisture alarm might be worth having.

r2digital

Reaction score
If you have 100% plastic drains in the house and the sewer outside, then yes.
Condensate normally should be run through a condensate neutralizer to prevent any metal drains from acidic waste damage.
Be aware that a standing p-trap in a basement is at risk of sewer backup overflow while unattended...so water/moisture alarm might be worth having.
What would be an ideal setup for the boiler condensate in this situation? My plan was to use the clean out at the back with a removable p trap in case i need to clean out at some point. From there i was going to make a vertical pipe on the other end of the p trap with a bushing and a nipple. something along the lines of this

r2digital

Reaction score
something along the lines of this

Attachments

• IMG_9433.jpeg
    IMG_9433.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 75

r2digital

Reaction score
there’s no floor drains unfortunately. Can you reccomend an air gap that works with abs for this type of situation? The picture above is not my picture but i was planning on doing a similar setup except i would be using the clean out trap to add a p trap. Can i create a high rise loop on the vinyl hose before it connects to the dwv instead of using an air gap?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks