Clack WS1 1.5 Cubic FT Resin 10x54 Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

moco

Reaction score
I recently had above softener installed about a month ago. City water, hardness was at 11. The installer currently has the unit set at Hardness 13, 44,000 grains and 17 lbs of salt. Its set to regenerate at approx. 3400 gallons with no days set. I have 2 1/2 baths with 4 people. My son is going back to college. Im averaging around 250 gallons a day right now. Are my settings ok for now? I've had two regenerations since Dec 15th. There also seems to be a little water over the salt level. It was filled half way.

Last edited:

Bannerman

Reaction score
It could be programmed for increased efficiency.

1.5 ft3 resin has a total hardness removal capacity of 48,000 grains, but that would require an excessive 30 lbs salt for regeneration which would be very inefficient. 48,000 / 30 = 1,600 gr/lb Hardness Reduction Efficiency.

Your current settings: 44,000 / 17 = 2,588 gr/lb. HRE

Programming 36,000 grains capacity will require only 12 lbs salt each regeneration. 36,000 / 12 = 3,000 gr/lb. HRE

As each gallon water entering the brine tank will dissolve 3 lbs salt, your brine tank will currently contain 5.7 gallons water. In resetting to 36,000/12 lb, only 4 gallons will then enter.

The brine tank maybe filled to the top with salt. The water entering at the bottom will dissolve the lower salt to prepare the appropriate quantity of brine which will be drawn into the softener during the following regeneration. Once the salt level is eventually lowered to where liquid is above the top of the salt, suggest then refilling with additional salt.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks