Clack Configurator Program?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Website
ky8d.net
Something I stumbled across on-line yesterday at work during lunch was mention of a Clack configurator program.

Am wondering it it is anything akin to the Watlow Configurator program for Watlow heater controllers. That is to say, a way of talking to the unit over RS-422 serial link via computer, seeing all the variables at once with ability to upload backups and download changes.

Similar configurator interfaces I use often at work for such instruments as Coriolis meters, etc. It makes sense that an OEM would have need of such a time-saving tool. Can't really see a high-volume sales OEM paying hourly rates for employees to sit thumbing buttons.

Does such a configurator program exist? If so, how costly is it? The excellent one from Watlow is free. The one for Coriolis meters costs an arm and a leg. Mostly, I'm just curious. Although, if such did exist, and didn't cost overmuch, it might tempt me to write a LabVIEW interface for monitoring water usage, etc. Something I'd put on-line for free once I got around to it, as I always do with whatever software I write.

Water Pro

In the Trades
Reaction score
Something I stumbled across on-line yesterday at work during lunch was mention of a Clack configurator program.

Am wondering it it is anything akin to the Watlow Configurator program for Watlow heater controllers. That is to say, a way of talking to the unit over RS-422 serial link via computer, seeing all the variables at once with ability to upload backups and download changes.

Similar configurator interfaces I use often at work for such instruments as Coriolis meters, etc. It makes sense that an OEM would have need of such a time-saving tool. Can't really see a high-volume sales OEM paying hourly rates for employees to sit thumbing buttons.

Does such a configurator program exist? If so, how costly is it? The excellent one from Watlow is free. The one for Coriolis meters costs an arm and a leg. Mostly, I'm just curious. Although, if such did exist, and didn't cost overmuch, it might tempt me to write a LabVIEW interface for monitoring water usage, etc. Something I'd put on-line for free once I got around to it, as I always do with whatever software I write.
contact the manufacturer, it may be something they're interested in. some systems already have wifi capable add-ons that let you view certain parameters

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks