Changing from Dura Pex to Uponor

Users who are viewing this thread

Mudball

Reaction score
I have a plumber that I believe we are going to use. He priced me a job using Dura Pex but Im scared of it and was wanting to ask him about Uponor. My questions are does he need a different tool for Uponor and would he need training from them seeing how he has never installed it before or would I be better off finding someone who carries the product and is use to installing it ?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
He does need a different tool.
Training takes about 5 minutes
I think that Uponor is a superior product but that battle rages on among manufacturers and plumbers.

Mudball

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I like this plumber enough that I was thinking of telling him that I would split the cost of the different tool he would need if it doesnt cost too much. He is a fairly young/middle aged man that said he is a "old school copper guy" but has installed the Dura Pex on 6 or 7 different jobs and is really staring to like the PEX system in general. He also said that since we are doing a concrete slab that he would definitely use PEX. I sent Uponor an email to contact me with installers and we will see what they say. I will ask them about the plumber that I want to use and see what they have to say about that as well.