Capping off a kinked pipe – help!

Users who are viewing this thread

peter veash

Reaction score
I am removing a radiator and need to cut a 15mm pipe at floor level (concrete) and cap it. I am then building up the floor a bit and laying tiles, so it needs to be capped at floor level so the pipe/cap is not visible above the tile surface.

I had planned to use either a push or screw fit cap on the pipe, however there is a kink/bend in the pipe where the olive and cap would go and therefore I can’t use this method.

Other than digging down and around into the floor (lots of electrical wires and other pipes around), how else can I seal the pipe at ground level?

I’ve got 20mm from floor to bottom of tile to seal it (this is where there is the kink in the pipe).

I’d really appreciated some advice.

Many thanks

Peter

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't think having the pipe terminate in the floor is a wize idea. I would bring it below or above the floor. The kink needs to be addressed before you cap it off reguardless of what you do.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pipe

You do not describe the pipe's material so we cannot tell you the appropriate way to do it, but anything "pushed into" the pipe will not be a permanent way to seal it, and the kink has to be addressed before doing anything else. Some pipes can be straightened and others have to be cut off, but we cannot tell which without knowing the kind of pipe.

peter veash

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

The pipe is made from copper and is 15mm.

How do I address the kink? Ie remove it.

If I can do this, problem solved as I can then cap it.

Unless there is something that I can put in the pipe (like a compound) to seal it? Just a though.

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks