Can't fit sink clips on front

Users who are viewing this thread

KansasGuy

Reaction score
I had a guy install new countertop today nd I had a new 22x33 Kohler sink for him to install. When he laid the sink on the counter to measure for the cutout, he said the front edge of the cut would be flush with the inside edge of the sink cabinet frame. He said this would mean sink clips couldn't be used on the front edge and he didn't want to proceed. He wanted me to find a smaller sink. If he can use clips on the other three sides and caulk, is that OK? Or is there another work-around?

There are very few 21x33 sinks made. TIA for any suggestions. We're desperate to get our kitchen in working order again after a week offline!

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the front edge lies flat, you're ok. If it needs to be pulled down, you can take a paddle bit and drill out a cavity in the back of the faceplate to allow the clip to hook under the countertop. One in the middle might do it. Run silicone under the edge, then tighten it down. If the clip don't do it, run caulk under the lip and pile cinderblocks in the sink to pull it down and check it tomorrow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks