Braided flexible hose connector nomenclature

Users who are viewing this thread

don87

Reaction score
I have a ½” supply valve but the 30” braided flexible hose I have has a 3/8” FIP connector . So how do I describe the adapter I need?

I assume I need a 3/8” MIP to ½” xxx adapter. What is the proper nomenclature for the ½” side that connects to the supply valve. That ½” side needs a rubber washer.

BTW, the braided hose is for a simple cold water bidet and the bidet end connector looks non-standard so changing the flexible hose is not an option.

Thanks,

Edit: I just realized that I could use a standard 1/2 FIP to 3/8" MIP adapter. Although it needs to be chrome. Anyway, I still would like to know the nomenclature for braided flex hose connectors.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a ½” supply valve but the 30” braided flexible hose I have has a 3/8” FIP connector . So how do I describe the adapter I need?
Does literature that came with the bidet say that it is 3/8 fip? Is there a gasket in there? A 3/8 compression connector would be much more common.

On the valve, similar question. If that is not a nice 1/4 turn valve, you may be better off replacing the valve anyway. The mini ball valves are more reliable than the old multi-turn valves.

Do you have a digital caliper to measure stuff?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
How about you try screwing it on? Because the supply coming out the floor or wall can be any number of different sizes . most likely 1/2 inch IPS or 3/8 compression , but could be 1/2 inch compression. then do same thing on bidet that too likely the same size 1/2 IPS or 3/8 compression. Wouldn't be surprised to see 3/8 IPS but doubt it .
Buying a few different sizes and returning what you don't need if your not in the boonies

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks