Boiler not firing (pilot light is on)

Users who are viewing this thread

Takkie

Reaction score
hello.

My boiler stopped firing a few days ago. I have a indirect water heater thats connected to boiler. So when the boiler is not firing, that means no hot water for me.

i just get room temp water from kitchen or bathroom when i turn on Hot water. So i believe this is an indication that the boiler itself is functioning.

I tried turning on heat from thermostat to see if the boiler will fire, but it did not. This gives me the indication that the problem is with the boiler not firing.

I am unsure what I should be checking first - it just stopped firing a few days ago , the day we are suppose to leave for our road trip. So now that i am back from road trip, i would like to tackle the problem. (Good that we are in summer so taking a cold shower is not a big problem for now)

i have attached a few picture of the setup here - can you share some insights what i should be checking? This is the first time i am working with *This* setup as we moved to this house 2 years ago. the boiler and water heater looks to be less than 10 years so I think it must be some parts that needs to be changed.

Attachments

• IMG_0665.jpg
    IMG_0665.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0666.jpg
    IMG_0666.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0671.jpg
    IMG_0671.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0672.jpg
    IMG_0672.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 102

Takkie

Reaction score
just a slight update. When i turn on the thermometer and call for heat - the following are the readings.

C&R has 27.2 vAC.
C and G - 27.2 Vac
C and Y - 0.00
Spill switch - 0.00
Aquastat switch - 0.00

Fitter30

Reaction score
Is the upper pump running and motor hot? Take a pic of just the wiring diagram. Right ladder diagram- left side vertical line is a contact cr bottom side goes to a terminal then a group of safeties. That terminal should have 24vac to ground if it does follow safeties. If there power safeties will have power to ground both termials and 0 vac across

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks