Boiler, Entran Onix plugged

Users who are viewing this thread

Jerry

Reaction score
My system is a hot water baseboard, all 3/4" copper pipe, multi-zone with separate circ pumps, built in 1998. There is some corrosion on the boiler and I'm researching replacements. I run an OA reset 150-180 and an indirect domestic hw tank. I have three Smith KS2008 hydronic kickspace heaters piped in parallel on three of the zones with mono-flo tees. The heaters are connected to the system via Entran Onix 1/2" tubing. Every single one stopped working and I found them plugged with rust deposits. I have no other evidence of this in the system and flow through my baseboards is good. Has anyone come across this? Where would the rust deposits come from and why would they accumulate in just the Onix tubing? Would you recommend using new Onix piping as a replacement? I don't have much room to work with for PEX or copper.

Attachments

• IMG_4587.jpg
    IMG_4587.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_4588.jpg
    IMG_4588.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 312

Fitter30

Reaction score
Low flow in a system will catch all the dirt and corrosion in a system. Fin tube has more flow thats why it's cleaner. Your water chemistry is way off. Water stink? Flush everything out including fin tube and boiler forward and backwards. Pull the pressure relief valve off and dump some treatment in before refilling system. Has the system had alot of fresh water added over the years because that adds oxygen causes the corrosion.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Rectors...MI8sPZlZb_6AIVh7zACh3fCAnnEAsYAyABEgKVYvD_BwE

Jerry

Reaction score
Low flow in a system will catch all the dirt and corrosion in a system. Fin tube has more flow thats why it's cleaner. Your water chemistry is way off. Water stink? Flush everything out including fin tube and boiler forward and backwards. Pull the pressure relief valve off and dump some treatment in before refilling system. Has the system had alot of fresh water added over the years because that adds oxygen causes the corrosion.
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Rectors...MI8sPZlZb_6AIVh7zACh3fCAnnEAsYAyABEgKVYvD_BwE

WAter doesn't smell but I did do some work and had to drain down some. I'll look into the treatment options.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks