blocked hot water inlet on grohmix 34 434 thermostatic shower mixer

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by alanfr1978, Jan 7, 2010.

1. alanfr1978

alanfr1978 New Member

hi all,

i recently investigated a blocked hot water inlet on grohmix thermostatic shower mixer 34 434. On investigation I found a rubbery substance inside the inlet, after a lot of prodding and pulling i finally released it and found what looked like a rubber seal. My question is has anyone had a similar experience and does anyone know what this rubber thing is. I work for a major hotel chain and this shower is in the hotel, i just want to be sure there won't be any other problems or leaks etc now this has been removed.

many thanks in advance

Alan

2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Retired
    The shower valve my be where it ended up. It could have come from any where in the plumbing system.

John

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. alanfr1978

alanfr1978 New Member

yes it did end up in shower valve thats where i got it out from, i wanted to know where it came from or was it ppart of original fitting

5. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

Retired
    Can't tell you that with out seeing it. Even if I did see it may be just a peace of something that could not be identified.

John

6. alanfr1978

alanfr1978 New Member

it looks like a peice of insulation that you would put round copper piping thats the only way i can describe it lol