Belly in 3 inch Line - Will Pressure Assist Keep Clear?

Users who are viewing this thread

DW85745

Reaction score
There is a 3 inch line running under the main beam of the house. Camera indicates about 1 inch of standing water in the line at this point.
Line can't be adjusted higher because of main beam.
=======
Question
=======
Will a pressure assist toilet have enough pressure after flush to clear or at least mitigate the water in the belly?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a 3 inch line running under the main beam of the house. Camera indicates about 1 inch of standing water in the line at this point.
Line can't be adjusted higher because of main beam.
=======
Question
=======
Will a pressure assist toilet have enough pressure after flush to clear or at least mitigate the water in the belly?
Possibly. But your want a 1.6 gal per flush pressure assist not a 1.28 or 1.0.

Why can't you lower the low end instead of raising the high end.

No one is gonna be able to tell you definately a pressure assist will stop whatever issue your having.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I dont know we know its wrong and a pressure assist toilet certainly dosent make it right. I dont think itll hurt anything . I would have a lot more questions . I could ask a whole bunch of questions and take a guess . if its 10 feet away it might act differant than 100 foot away

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I agree the best is to repair the problem dw8745 leaves few details if the belly been there 10 years and this is your first problem maybe A little more water double flushing etc. might keep the drain cleaner away. But we dont go and plumb a house half ass and then see which cheap easy solutions will kinda sorta work. But I do have sympathy for the situation but we are talking about fixing the problem by not really fixing the problem. dont be totaly discouraged though like I said your idea or double flushing could help

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks