Are all pex crimpers the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

spresco

Reaction score
I have compared crimp rings and fittings for both Vanguard and Zurn. The Vanguard crimp rings are a little wider and a bit thicker than Zurns rings. The fittings look to be the same. Can you use a Zurn crimper on a Vanguard crimp ring as long as you use a Vanguard go/no go gage? The Vanguard crimpers are more expensive.

Dubldare

Plumber/Gasfitter
Reaction score
Check the ASTM numbers on the fittings, piping and the rings. Same numbers- same tool.

RRW

Reaction score
My daughter just loaned me a copy of the "household handyman" and there is a pretty extensive article on PEX. I noticed that they stated that different manufacturers have different crimp tools which are not interchangeable. You might want to check it out. Good Luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks