Aquia fill valve. Mystery needs to be solved...help please

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Kitui, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Kitui

Kitui Member

We got a Toto Aquia 1 piece. We replace a poor flushing Koehler Santa Rosa. When we put the new toilette in place, the water will not fill the tank. While doing the swap, we did close the water supply. We replace also the hose from the valve to the tank, thinking that it might be the problem. Why the toilette does not get water in the tank? The water can get out if we open the water with no toilette installed...it goes everywhere...but...when we put the toilette back just a cup of water gets in the tank

2. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Kitui

Kitui Member

I am a little lost, why a sediment filter should stop water? It should stop sediment as designed. When I click on the link, it says "discontinued". The Aquia is a new install. It should not have any sediment on the filter. Right?

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Have you heard of a clogged filter?

Next you will say it is an Aquia IV?;)

6. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Enough sediment will stop water flow. A new or older home can have sediment. Open the link in Google.

7. Smooky

Smooky In the Trades

See if this Toto video about the Fill Valve helps:

8. Kitui

Kitui Member

Yes, it is an Aquia IV and it is one piece toilette. I did not think about a dirty filter because the toilette is coming straight from the factory. We will look into it. We actually saw the same issue when we installed the valve for the sink faucet. Everything was new but we opened the water and the water did not come out...well the filter was full of little stones that probably were in the old pipe. I did not know also toilettes have filters. Now I know. Thanks