Another sewer gas mystery

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
Heavy cold air

This sounds like a project for an Atmospheric Scientist or Meteorologist. Cold air is heavier than warm air. Air pressure is at the core of venting. That's why in hilly or mountainous regions the valleys frost before the hills. That's why motorcyclists like the hilltops when they're riding at night (even in summer). My high-school earth science teacher use to complain about baseball commentators that claimed the ball would fly farther because it was cold out, because the cold air is actually heavier than the warm air.
That might begin to explain the temperature mystery. As far as the actuall vent design, I'll leave that to the venting experts. One question I do have;
Is the trap cracked or have a cleanout at the botom of it that might be leaking?
I'm curious about your findings, please report back

Molo

Jenny smith

Reaction score
Heavy cold air

This sounds like a project for an Atmospheric Scientist or Meteorologist. Cold air is heavier than warm air. Air pressure is at the core of venting. That's why in hilly or mountainous regions the valleys frost before the hills. That's why motorcyclists like the hilltops when they're riding at night (even in summer). My high-school earth science teacher use to complain about baseball commentators that claimed the ball would fly farther because it was cold out, because the cold air is actually heavier than the warm air.
That might begin to explain the temperature mystery. As far as the actuall vent design, I'll leave that to the venting experts. One question I do have;
Is the trap cracked or have a cleanout at the botom of it that might be leaking?
I'm curious about your findings, please report back

Molo
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Having the same issue with no luck solving. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks