American Standard Princeton bathtub installation

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Jay Cee, Mar 11, 2021.

  1. Jay Cee

    Jay Cee New Member

    Mar 11, 2021
    Hi All,
    I have a question regarding the Princeton Tub from American Standard. The plumber was doing his fittings for the drain and had difficulty putting things together. He noticed a black composite ring attached at the drain location, that is fused to the tub, see photo. This ring is almost 1/2" thick and has spaced apart the drain shoe and drain flange. He is currently trying to source an elongated drain flange but I'm wondering why American Standard would make something not work with standard plumbing fittings. Are we doing something wrong???


    See how far the drain shoe is! The plumber says he’s “never seen anything like this in 25 years”, just want to make sure he’s not talking out of his butt. More importantly making sure we aren’t doing something wrong.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  2. Tuttles Revenge

    Tuttles Revenge In the Trades

    Oct 15, 2014
    Its likely that is an integrated Overflow. Its a special feature that connects the overflow to the drain. Its not very common and I've only installed Two about 15 yrs ago. I had to special order it to solve a complicated structural issue.

    My customer was so enamored with the idea that the drain of the tub drained directly to the p-trap that he wanted to install the same tub again on the next phase of his project. Then we mimicked the same setup with the installation of their clawfoot tub but in brass.

    • Exclusive Americast® technology for lightweight durability
    • Keeps water warmer longer
    • Integral overflow with lift and turn drain

    • Americast® engineered steel with glossy porcelain finish
    • Full Stansure™ slip-resistant floor surface
    • Factory installed overflow saves time and money
    • Recessed bath with integral apron
    • Integral 3-sided tile/water retention flange for easy installation
    • Integral lumbar support with beveled headrest
    • Pre-leveled tub bottom for easier installation
    • Drain stopper and escutcheon included
    • 10 Year Warranty

    OR.. if that isnt an integrated overflow, and its a thick black material.. that would be the Americast coating that gives that tub its more dense feeling. Its an epoxy coating that is applied to an enameled steel tub.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: American Standard
Forum Title Date
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Aquaseal, Need parts help--shower valve leaking Mar 22, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Push-Pull. Can anyone tell me what kind of bathtub valve this is? Thanks! Mar 20, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard R121, What brand shower valve is this? Mar 13, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Ultramix Help ID shower valve Feb 22, 2021
Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog American Standard Heritage. Help needed identifying old shower valve parts Jan 10, 2021

Share This Page