Advice redoing laundry room sink / washer drain / washer box etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Elite

Reaction score
To start off, I will probably not be doing this but I like to have a good understanding on how things are done because there are alot of hacks out there (even licensed).

I just got a new washer and we are realizing the room would be more efficient if we unstacked and built counters and my wife would like a nice sink. Currently We have a single drain going down into the floor as shown, this area of the house is on a slab.
IMG_20190826_074431.jpg
IMG_20190826_074440.jpg
MVIMG_20190826_074419.jpg

Would it be safe to assume we could add a tee and have a drain from the sink/laundry tub to this tee and add in a washer box drain connecting to the other side of the tee? The pipe you see now is approx 10" off the ground, and I believe its 1 1/2" plumbing.

Id like to to consider going to a standard sink base, hide as much as I can currently that tub it 22" but Im thinking Id do a 36" base and offset the sink to the left? I would also be happy to do something without a washer box, is that possible? Having the shutoffs inside the cabinet and somehow drain washer?

On the dryer side I still have to figure out how to vent it so I can push it all back as far as possible. I have some ideas there.

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since its wrong anyways, id cut low, 45 in, 45 back up, tee for laundry, tee for sink, have a aav vent box in wall. Some might say you will need 2 aav. Id go with 1, since it will be an improvement of whats in there now

Elite

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. Never even heard of AAV perhaps because my house was built in the 60s. Would something like this work? Can it all be hidden under the sink base? I scribbled in the line to the washer.

Inkedaav-under-sink-73c4add2_LI.jpg

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
yep, have the aav in an access panel above sink. you may have to butcher sink cabinet, theres ways of doing it without butchering

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190826-122543_Draw.jpg
    Screenshot_20190826-122543_Draw.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 128

Elite

Reaction score
You mention butchering the cabinet but in my attachment you'll see it looks to be below the top of the cabinet inside the sink base.....would that not work?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks