Advice needed for installing a compact garbage disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

shop4eva

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I am new to the forum and hope a expert can help me in my DIY project. I have attached the images on the configuration of the sink and disposal piping at the moment but really want to install a garbage disposal on top of this and hoping for some advice on how to do this and what brands will be able to achieve this.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 381
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 382

Reach4

Reaction score
The drawing below represents a sink with no sanitary tee. The drain is horizontal other than the required 1/4 inch per foot. "Combo or *" can be a combo wye+bend or it can be a lesser sweep. I think it is not permitted to be a santee on its side.

"E*" would be an elbow (horizontal to horizontal) that would bring the trap adapter away from the wall if needed. In your case, I think that should be a 45 degree bend.

I did not show the disposal/disposer in this drawing, so that the drawing could have further use. You would adjust as needed.

img_no_santee.png

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
It looks like you can work it out.
Most garbage disposers have their discharge drain at about the same height.
Remove the existing drain set and trap.
Assemble the new GD and attach the enclosed discharge to the unit, install the strainer and hang the GD. At this point the GD can be rotated in such a way that the discharge can fit into the trap. When you find the perfect position, tighten the GD and trap, then finish the electrical.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks