Adding Bathroom - Permit process question

Users who are viewing this thread

Evader53

Reaction score
We are adding a bathroom to an already finished room. I'm planning to act as my own general contractor and will do all the structural work myself (framing non load bearing walls) but plan to hire a plumber and electrician for their respective work. I'll also do all the finishing work.

My question now comes to the permit process...

1) Will plumbers/electricians draw up the diagrams and submit for the permits themselves? If not, who normally does this?
2) Should I submit for the structural permit first? Or should all the permit apps (structural/plumbing/electrical) be submitted together at once?
3) Anything I should be careful of?

I've attached a picture of our planned design just for reference. The closet on the left (labeled 'living') and the furnace room on the right are the only two rooms that already exist.

Thanks

Attachments

• bathroom.jpg
    bathroom.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 180
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks