Adding a pressure gauge

Users who are viewing this thread

Alan

Reaction score
I am installing a whole house water filter system and I am going to add 2 pressure gauges, one on the input and the other on the output side.
The supply pipe is 1" copper and I have 2 - 1" x 1" x 1/2" tees to which I will sweat a 1/2" x 1/4" C x FIP Copper Female NPT Adapter to accommodate the 1/4" gauge.

What is the trick to orientating the adapter before sweating to ensure that when I screw the gauge in that it is facing the correct direction when tightened.

Alan

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
the "Trick" is to have the the bull of the tee facing up or on a 90 deg whichever is easier to install and read

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you intend to solder in a 1/2" x 1/4" FTG x Female Street Adapter,

30240-1.jpg

I presume that you are worried that the face of the meter will be pointed to the wall. What you do is to tighten the threads of the gauge enough to prevent leaks, and then tighten more to bring the face forward if need be. Use tape and/or pipe dope. Hold the adapter hex with a good wrench, as you use another wrench to turn the gauge.

There are gauges that have pivots built in, but you don't need that.

While most gauges have the input on the bottom, there are also those with the input on the back if you prefer.
pem1407-1.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks