8G50NVH water tank used White Rodgers 927 Thermostat lost function

Discussion in 'Water Heater Forum, Tanks' started by laoadam, Dec 31, 2020.

1. laoadam

laoadam New Member

The White-Rodgers-37E73A-918-Intelli-Vent-Control on my water tank had been changed two times in the past 6-7 years, and it is not control the temperature again. The hot water becomes too much hot than usually, is this normal ? or what's the problem? Can do any repair on it?

Thanks
    Adam

2. phog

phog Active Member

It's hard to say why this is happening. It is normal for temperature to fluctuate within about a 5-7 degC band, is it possible that this is what is happening? Perhaps consider installing a thermostatic mixing valve on the hot water outlet. It has its own thermostat dial & will automatically mix cold water in with the hot to keep a consistent temperature in your hot water pipes. This way it doesn't matter so much if the tank temperature fluctuates.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. fitter30

fitter30 Well-Known Member

Retired service tech
    Check the ground wire in the breaker panel and might add a surge protector for that circuit.

5. laoadam

laoadam New Member

Thanks.
    Seems the thermostatic mixing valve can mix cold and hot water instead of control the temperature inside the hot water tank? what I worry is what bad thing can happen if the temperature inside too high.
    Also, is that possible to DIY a control board by Arduino to replaced the Rodgers 927?

6. laoadam

laoadam New Member

Thanks.
    I'll do it.