2nd Floor Bathroom Covert Single to Double Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave K.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm rehabbing our 2nd floor bathroom which currently has a 72" vanity area with a sitting area and a single sink. When I took that out and opened up the drywall the trap arm for the current sink is 1 1/2" into a 3" stack. Where the second sink will go there is existing 1 1/2' pvc that is coming up from the basement off of 3" and running up through the attic. If i need to tap into the 3" for the second sink/trap I know what I need to do. But my question is could the existing 1 1/2" pvc have been installed when they built the house to anticipate a second sink/trap arm at some point in the future? Is there an easy way to determine if if I can use this existing 1 1/2" pvc? Would save a lot of extra work if so. Thanks.
upload_2020-4-22_9-29-34.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks