1950s american standard toilet flush valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
I would like to replace the flush valve and seat. The seat base is made of brass. I only have the base but would like to replace with original and not those cheap universal kits. Even thought I am using a universal one know. I think the original seal underneath might have a slow leak. The toilet is large with an elongated toilet seat. I see a number 4 flush valve kit available on line. Is that the right kit it need?

Thank you,
Bob

Last edited:

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
pictures of the toilet.

Attachments

• 20230823_162939 (2).jpg
    20230823_162939 (2).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 20230823_162946 (2).jpg
    20230823_162946 (2).jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 239

Fitter30

Reaction score
Ebay flush valve in description Kohler
The leading edge of the seat is the leading edge. Take 1000 grit wet sandpaper over sanding block to smooth it up. Follow up with a finer grit if it's not polished enough. There are parts available just need to look.

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
I appreciate the link to the video. My main concern is removing the old brass flush valve seat. I don't want to break the porcelain.

I may have fixed the problem with the cheap universal parts but I know that will not be a long term fix.

Thank you

Americanbobstandard

Reaction score
Maybe this would work well for you.

that is exactly what I used except for the horrible adjustable flapper. I could not adjust it correctly for the right flush. I used the seat and bought the fluid master non adjustable flapper and I believe it is fine for now. The water level is staying good for around 48 hours and flushing well.. Still think it is not a long term fix.

Thank you

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks