1" Poly Potable Water Line T Coupler Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to be running a 1" Poly 200 psi line from my municipal meter pit to my house but I want to divert a branch to a small workshop. The water requirements at the house will be greater than the workshop. I am getting ready to excavate and would like to know what fitting I should use to create the branch. Is it a "T Coupler?" Additionally, can I run the poly with a little sweep in it so that I can orient/install the T Coupler such that the predominant direction of flow will be towards the house, rather than the workshop?

I have attached a diagram showing what I would like to do? When I dig the hole, I would like to know how to contour the trench. Also, can anyone recommend what works well as tracer wire for future locates?

Thanks,

jb9

PolyQuestion.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know what tee you should use. Stainless would be good. Brass is good. I don't know about the plastics.

You could use either outgoing leg of the tee to the house.

For running poly, there are some considerations for thermal effects. If you put the pipe in warm, and it cools, it will contract. Basically, snake the pipe some. The longer the run, the more you want to study up.

Cjccmc

Reaction score
What is "Poly"? I see the term used often but don't know if there is one specific product it is meant to identify. Does it just mean any one of several plastics used to carry water (e.g. PE, PVC, PEX, etc.)

Cjccmc

Reaction score
How long are those tubing runs from meter? Is there much elevation change? I don't think the T orientation will make that much difference.

Jb9

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful suggestions. I definitely will "snake" the polyethylene pipe to allow for contraction. The run is probably around 100' if that helps. I wasn't sure about the T and how it would affect flow...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks