Search results

1. Mmoy

Permit denied because of basement ceiling height and now requiring a smoke exhaust system

Hi all, Beginning the remodel of my basement and submitted all the required documents to get all the permits needed. Found out yesterday one of the permits was denied because the height of my basement is 1 inch below the minimum requirement, 7feet. To get the permit they want me to agree to...
  2. Mmoy

Tankless combi application with future indirect if needed

I'm considering the Lochinvar NKC155 combi boiler. My heat requirements are in line with this boiler and it provides 3.6gpm. I'm located in Pennsylvania so the incoming water temp can get brisk. I think I am wondering if the combi doesn't keep up instead of adding another boiler can an indirect...
  3. Mmoy

Tankless combi application with future indirect if needed

I am upgrading my old boiler and gas water heater because of a remodel and relocating the boiler location. My first thought was to go with a tankless combi boiler however with six people (2 adults, 4 kids under 8) in our house the domestic hot water flow rate of 3.6 seems like it may be a...
  4. Mmoy

Cast iron, when to replace it?

Thanks @WorthFlorida and @Jeff H Young for your comments and thoughts! I agree each situation will be different.
  5. Mmoy

There is no sump pump but also wanting to add sump/radon system sine the jackhammer is already there and we are near the recommended level for radon remediation. Turns out wanting to get all the stuff under the finished basement done first is blowing up our budget. However, doing it later when...
  6. Mmoy

It is not a flip. It's my family home and I'm wanting to do the right thing before finishing the basement but also not breaking the bank. Also, had advice to get a home warranty that covers cast iron before construction in case anything is found that is recommended to be replaced then the home...
  7. Mmoy

Hi all, I have a 3" cast iron main stack and am undertaking a basement remodel which includes a basement bathroom. I was quoted a price for jackhammering and attaching the shower/bathroom/laundry to the drain pipe in the basement floor of the bathroom over using a macerating pump. First question...
  8. Mmoy

To move or replace monoflow heating pipe?

Yes, I have 1 1/4" copper main monoflow loop piping. There is a steel I beam to contend with getting around when raising the loop but from what I understand the main piping on a monoflow system can varying a little in height without introducing air issues as long as the legs remain level and...
  9. Mmoy

Did you re-use the old pipe in the project you did? Someone I had come look at it said it would need to be completely removed and re-piped with copper because the old pipe has lead solder and will start leaking if moved. The expense of new copper made me wonder is there a better system instead...
  10. Mmoy

Due to finishing my basement, I need to either move my monoflow single pipe up towards the basement ceiling or replace it with another type of piping system for my heating system. There are 11 convectors in my house and the monoflow single pipe runs in a circle around my basement about 7 to 10...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks