Search results

1. IAm_Not_Lost

Sdr 35 pipe depth and strength

Appreciate the response. Thank you. Yes, should be easy to see soon enough if there is any failure.
  2. IAm_Not_Lost

The point of the “wonder” is if anyone has actual professional data on the rated burial depths. For example, here is an excerpt from Westlake Pipe: “The Unibell PVC Pipe Association Handbook of PVC Pipe, Section 7.8.3 states: “A minimum cover height of 12 in. is recommended for PVC (SDR35)...
  3. IAm_Not_Lost

Right, as I noted, they didn’t drive over the leach field itself where the pipe is perforated, just the solid schedule 35 pipe going to the leach field. Just a driver who didn’t pay attention. Can you reference anything with regards to sdr35 not being able to handle any traffic? I see some...
  4. IAm_Not_Lost

Figured I would post this in this area as it has more to do with outdoor pipes. Any of you guys or gals specifically knowledgable about schedule 35 pvc septic pipe depth strength? I just had a propane truck run over my sdr35 line that goes from the septic tank itself to the area where the...
  5. IAm_Not_Lost

Exhaust fan, awkward placement

Probably being paranoid but wanted to see everyone's thoughts. So we decided last minute to put a shower in the upstairs loft bathroom in the home we are building. It has a sloped ceiling. The shower is on the 8ft high side. The ceiling slopes down to about 5 feet at the low side of the...
  6. IAm_Not_Lost

Gas line pressure testing

Cool, just wanted reassurance that was a reasonable plan. Doing research you see such variability in responses.
  7. IAm_Not_Lost

Gas line pressure testing

Hey guys, really appreciate this forum as someone doing most of their home build themselves. I have a question regarding gas line pressure test. I will have two gas appliances, a tankless heater and a gas stove. I have run the CSST line and installed the rough stub outs. Pressure testing at...
  8. IAm_Not_Lost

Water Softener Before Cistern?

Would you be using softened water to water your grapevines?
  9. IAm_Not_Lost

Bathtub drain shoe has slight upward slope

Appreciate your response. That's a relief.
  10. IAm_Not_Lost

Bathtub drain shoe has slight upward slope

Hey folks, Wife and I installed an alcove tub the other day over a concrete slab, so working room was next to zero. I would have preferred to install the drain shoe and overflow to the tub and then put the tub in but due to spacing and where the stub outs are I couldn't do that, so we had...
  11. IAm_Not_Lost

Does my acrylic/fiberglass alcove tub need a mortar bed?

Would high density closed cell spray foam be appropriate? Seems that some installers use that a lot with good success. You could just hit a few spots to add columns of support.
  12. IAm_Not_Lost

Rough DWV plumbing water/air test

Yeah I was wondering about that after the air test seemed to pass ok (not my preferred method, obviously prefer water, just much more difficult where I am at). I may just uncap all the first floor upright drains and just fill it up to the top of those (giving it about 4-5 ft of water height) and...
  13. IAm_Not_Lost

Rough DWV plumbing water/air test

Hello, I was hoping for some reassurance on some under slab plumbing. I am currently building a home and I am at the stage of just finishing the above ground rough DWV. The under slab section was done with the help of a commercial plumber who took the job on the side. I’m in Arizona and when...
  14. IAm_Not_Lost

Question about sediment from newer well

Yeah, I think for now it seems like a bit of sand/sediment is fairly normal in these AZ wells, and probably a bit more noticeable since it is a newer well and because I can see any sediment that comes in just resting on the bottom of my cistern versus having it accumulate in a sediment...
  15. IAm_Not_Lost

You raise a good point. I will probably make a few calls to hear different opinions on the matter from other companies as well as contacting the folks who drilled mine. There may be more specific reasoning or information than meets the eye. Of additional note the rock size where they placed...
  16. IAm_Not_Lost

Thanks for the reply. Yes my main concern was just kind of figuring out what the “norm” is in this region. I did also call a well pump company to ask them if that seemed normal and he said all the cisterns in our area developed sediment on the bottom.
  17. IAm_Not_Lost

The well drilling company decided on slot size. Never was brought up as a question or option, and I was not educated enough on the subject at the time. I am not sure if they just always use the same slot size or if they actually size it based on what is coming out as they are digging.
  18. IAm_Not_Lost

Hello, New member to this forum, have used it many times to find answers to my questions, so thank you all! Today though I could not find the answer so I thought I would ask it myself. I am in Arizona and last year had a well installed, 250 feet deep with pvc casing, 5” OD with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks