Search results

1. Techy

Complete loss of flow

Bannerman and Valveman, you were a tremendous help. It WAS the small diameter line that sends pressure to the switch. It was filled with plain water, which had corroded the metal fittings on the ends. We had an awesome well company come out and replace it with a new hose, this one filled with...
  2. Techy

Complete loss of flow

This makes sense. There is a black line that feeds the PS and gauge. We'll look into whether that's plugged before we start throwing parts and money at it.
  3. Techy

Complete loss of flow

Gauge is at 40 when the flow stops. Gauge slowly falls, and when it reaches around 30, pump kicks on. If we shut off power at the breaker after the flow stops, the pressure still slowly falls. Eventually, it does hit 0. The way I understand it, the gauge is so WE know what pressure the switch...
  4. Techy

Complete loss of flow

If I have a pitless adapter, I wouldn't know what it looks like. We just moved in a year ago. The well casing extends about a foot above ground. It's a 5" well. Also not sure where the pump control switch is, if we have one. I can feel a very slight vibration from the casing when the pump is...
  5. Techy

Complete loss of flow

It comes up to 50psi, and the pump shuts off just fine. The pump comes back on once the gauge finally gets back down to 30ish psi. The problem seems to be that we have no flow between 40 and 30.
  6. Techy

Complete loss of flow

Bought this house a year ago. Water would intermittently stop flowing for just a few seconds, and then start back up a few times a day. No biggie, just a hiccup. We could live with that. Started getting longer before it turned back on, so we called a plumber. He said it was the pressure switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks