Search results

1. Wescarnes

Pressure drop cause?

I moved the supply and drain in a downstairs bathroom and now the pressure in the shower above is reduced. What happened? (It’s city water). Thanks!
  2. Wescarnes

ISO Goldilocks toilet flange…

Great! I fixed everything. I replaced the Sami tee with a wye and elbow, added mending plates to the joists, installed shower and toilet supply. Turned on the water to check and forgot I’d opened a sink valve to release suction and gave the bathroom a “quick rinse” ‍♂️. I think I’m good to...
  3. Wescarnes

Hopefully these pics demonstrate the issue clearly… This is all 3” pvc. A “street” flange tailpipe is too short to fully seat in the elbow. And shown in the pics, this combo of two females connected with a 3 in long piece of pipe leaves me 1/2” above finished floor height. Could I remove 1/2”...
  4. Wescarnes

hey! okay, back to my original question… With a 3”x4” dwv flange, the bottom edge ends up 1/2” above finished floor. The street version of that flange is too low. What do I do? I can’t lower the drainpipe. Can I lose 1/4” off each side of the fittings? Or take 1/2” from one? Is there...
  5. Wescarnes

The living room on the first floor. This is a second floor bath. Done and dusted. Now poo poo go bye bye Thank you all for your helpful advice.
  6. Wescarnes

Hey Wayne, As it’s set now, it is 9.75” from the wall. Also, doesn’t the toilet need 15” from center on left and right? There is a dividing wall to the right of that tee. So, there’s really no room for a wye… Is sanitary tee on its side to street 90 adequate? OR Is sanitary tee at 45 with 45...
  7. Wescarnes

3” wye to closet elbow puts me about 16” off the wall, which is too far. What can I do to get 4” closer to the wall?
  8. Wescarnes

Thank you TR! I’ve attached a diagram of the rest of the bathroom. Hope it’s adequate . The bathroom is just these 3 fixtures down directly from 2nd floor of 120yr old house to basement. I changed to tee on it’s back, because the flange was 18” off the wall.(can someone tell me why it is...
  9. Wescarnes

I have a 3” sanitary tee sitting at the worst possible height, and distance from the wall. I tried many combinations… When the tee was horizontal, with an added 90, the flange ended up 18” from the wall With a 45 closet flange, it was slightly closer to the wall but way too high. 2” offset...
  10. Wescarnes

Bathtub drain connection

Well I’m the dummy that finished the floor around all this stuff before sorting out all the fittings, so I guess I could dig back in and do it, ahem, right. Retile etc. Got lots of leftovers. It’s a claw foot tub. The pvc is a trap. Goes down 9” before turning.
  11. Wescarnes

Bathtub drain connection

I think it posted now. It’s an 1 1/2” brass tailpiece And the inner diameter of the pvc is 1/16” larger.
  12. Wescarnes

Bathtub drain connection

what seals the connection between brass tailpipe and PVC rough-in? There’s a sixteenth inch gap
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks