Search results

1. RhodeIslander

Soda Ash Solution Questions

Definitely not going into the septic. The company that installed explained to wear gloves and glasses but I didn't know if it required any additional attention. It's a 35 gallon tank and there's not a lot of sediment in there at the moment (just coats the bottom) so I think I can handle it with...
  2. RhodeIslander

Advice for how to clean the tank? I have some of that brownish stuff on the bottom also.
  3. RhodeIslander

Yes! I sent you a PM I think we will need to figure this out on our own.
  4. RhodeIslander

Hi, I just saw your post! Yes I had AB Hoxie here also. We're in the same boat -- did you have...

Hi, I just saw your post! Yes I had AB Hoxie here also. We're in the same boat -- did you have Asa install? I am pretty sure he put in WAY too much solution. I've had him back here a couple of times but he hasn't been much help to be honest straightening it out. Are you on IM somewhere? If not...
  5. RhodeIslander

Sorry, next time I'll take another shot later of the whole thing. But yes, just like you said -- they have the injector before the pressure tank and the injection pump running when the well pump runs
  6. RhodeIslander

It's a pulsafeeder 100 Chem-Tech pump --
  7. RhodeIslander

Hi all, I had a soda ash system installed (along with an Iron filter) for our well about 6 weeks ago now. Our low ph is now around 7.0-7.2, up from the 5.8 we needed to address, and I can see less staining around the tub so I know things have improved and it's working. My question is related...
  8. RhodeIslander

Advice For New System Addressing Ph Level

Thanks, I need to buy my own pH and TDS meter. I could also use a "soda ash for dummies" book if you are going to write one! The company that installed just left and it wasn't my imagination, my formerly too-low pH was now "sky high" so whoever was here Wednesday to "check the system" and fill...
  9. RhodeIslander

Wanted to follow up -- I went with the soda ash injection system (with the 2 Big Blue filters for Iron/Maganese and sediment). Install 2 weeks ago went fine, water immediately tasted less metallic, and the dripping with corrosion I saw from one pipe has gotten better. The installers came back...
  10. RhodeIslander

Help Identifying Mid '80s Tub/Shower Parts

hi guys, we want to re-do our bathroom and I'm trying to identify replacement parts for this tub we've not done any work on since 1986 I believe (sorry for the photos!). I have a plumber lined up but was hoping to order the parts in advance. The closest thing to the Moentrol we have that I can...
  11. RhodeIslander

Thanks, if it's all roughly equal I'll go with soda ash since it's the company I'm most comfortable with, and they also happen to have the lowest estimate too. Whatever corrosion I can see in our tub (slightly greenish hue) is the result of decades of having untreated water so I'm probably Ok...
  12. RhodeIslander

Thanks, I think I'll go with that option, though that installer can't get here for another 3 weeks. Would there any benefits to the Fleck units over the Soda Ash for my water? I had one other quote coming from another company, which turned out to be $2400 and he recommended the same Fleck...
  13. RhodeIslander

hi guys, 1st post. I've gotten a handful of quotes from different local companies over the last few weeks -- I know we need some treatment on our well system, because I've been through a couple of hot water tanks within warranty periods now one after another, and we have slight green...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks