Search results

1. HS2

Is 18 years a long time for a hot water heater?

Long gone, 18 years ago, sorry.
  2. HS2

I think the heater I replaced had to be in there since the 50's. Previous owners had two more houses and the one they sold to us had a lot of neglect. I can't think of anything I have not replaced in this house over the last 20 years. Each to their own but plumbing, gas and electricity...
  3. HS2

Need advice on replacing pipes basement to 2nd floor

Thank you, this helps. I am in the NW suburbs of Chicago, will look up a couple of contractors. If someone has a suggestion on whom to call, please pm me if it's against the forum rules to post publicly. It appears no one so far is adverse to Pex then which is good to know.
  4. HS2

Would additional information help? Are my questions too basic that they're not worth answering? Sorry for the trouble.
  5. HS2

Thanks everyone. Will go with Rheem again, found one on sale at HD and they stock the item. As said, do it on my terms.
  6. HS2

I got a home depot variety (50 gallon recall it was the best of the three options they sold at the time) and it's still going strong. Should I leave well enough be or is it time to change it if it still works? I had heard of a scenario that old water tanks start to crud up pipes. Does this...
  7. HS2

Appreciate your thoughts guys. I have since found out that I can get the pipes sandblasted with an epoxy coating method which can "revive" these pipes. My concern is the cost and if it's worth it as we've been getting a lot of rust through our faucets. I'd rather not DIY this either, no clue...
  8. HS2

First time posting on this informative forum, please help with your advice. our house has new copper pipes throughout the basement from meter to water heater, out to basement bath, laundry, etc. vertical pipes going up two floors to the bathroom in question are galvanized and they are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks