Search results

1. pete187

Bracket popped off of Fleck 5800SXT

Ha, yes that looks familiar. Except in my basement and soaking carpet in the next room. :) So, what do you think now ditto? No way I bent anything with hand tools I don't think. Should I completely unscrew them again and put on? Everything feels awfully tight at this point. Think I just...
  2. pete187

I checked them again. I do see what you are saying in the picture, but in person it is seems seated. I'd prefer to see this connection be bracketed with bolts to ensure something like this can't happen honestly. But hopefully this was a one off thing of me not having something seated properly...
  3. pete187

Feels solid, but I'll double check again. I did use silicone grease as well. It actually popped off on the opposite side, the input side. Had to have been user error on my part initially, right?
  4. pete187

So I installed a softener and carbon tanks, both with the Fleck 5800SXT. Install seemed simple enough, although when I went to do initial settings the water from the carbon tank was coming out with a lot of force from the discharge hose and my basement drain couldn't keep up. I'm having that...
  5. pete187

Options after old Culligan failure

The Hach total hardness test showed 13 gpg. I'm glad I do not have Chloramine in my water and can just use the regular activated carbon.
  6. pete187

I have a hardness test coming in the mail today. I called the city water works, and they do NOT use chlorimine, only chlorine. So it looks like GAC should be ok in that regard if I wanted to do that as well. He said they get some water from Des Moines, but for my address they get it from...
  7. pete187

Doh. Good idea. https://www.wdmww.com/waterqualityreport.aspx
  8. pete187

Thanks for that picture. After talking with some guys on here, I'm leaning towards getting that carbon filter as well. If I can find someone around here that sells Clack/Fleck, I'll pay them to do the whole thing. If not, I might order from some of the guys (not Amazon or a knockoff supplier)...
  9. pete187

I'd gladly support a local plumber that sells either Clack of Fleck. Finding one is the key. Thus far, they do a crap job of advertising themselves. The big names (culligan, kinetico, etc) are easy to find, while my normal plumber I trust told me to buy whatever from the big box store.
  10. pete187

If I'm understanding you, that is because Clack is not sold online, correct? So I would need a local place that sells a Clack based system and can get their parts.
  11. pete187

My apologies, the website certainly seemed like it was officially a Fleck site. It appears to be owned by US Water Systems. Or there are versions available online.
  12. pete187

So a few days ago my 21 year old Culligan started spraying water and resin all over my basement floor. Culligan repairman gave me the following options: 1) order a new tank to retro fit my computer (650) plus fix something on computer (100). This would pair a new tank with a 21 year old...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks