Search results

1. Cold Feet

Circulator-Mixing Valve Orientation

Dana, I don't plan to ever cover the basement ceiling with gypsum so what insulation type and air barrier do you suggest? I definitely don't want to create an environment with airborn particles so if some combination of rock wool and plastic sheeting, etc. Is recommended let me know. Basically...
  2. Cold Feet

Thanks for the info Dana. I plan to go with R13 batts snugged up to the underside of the subfloor. I hope to get this done in the coming weeks. I was only able to get the faced batts from the local big box. Given that the basement is semi-conditioned how would you recommend I install the batts...
  3. Cold Feet

Dana, as always I truly appreciate your time and insights. I replumbed the system over the weekend and finally have my radiant working on the first floor. [see pictures] Since I already had the equipment and needed the additional circulator to overcome the radiant head I opted to plumb it per...
  4. Cold Feet

Dana, Sorry again for the delayed response. The total SQFT being served by the boiler is about 2700 SQFT. You are correct about the true 2x4 walls as I had to tap through for some electrical conduit this past summer. There was no insulation in the wall cavity and we are planning on looking in...
  5. Cold Feet

Dana, Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. I'll get feedback on all your questions/thoughts in the next few days. My wife had our daughter on Monday so I've obviously been quite distracted since then. Quick notes: 1911 craftsman with cedar shingle siding. The house has 3 stories...
  6. Cold Feet

Dana, I ran the whole-house head load calc that you referenced from the above link. The data is shown below and it apparently shows the heating load in the 46k range. January 2019 Meter Reading Date 1/28/19 12/27/18 327 Therms Boiler Input Rating 250,000 Boiler Output Rating 209,000 Efficiency...
  7. Cold Feet

Dana, Thanks for the response on this. You bring up a good point about the temps. I currently have the boiler mx set to 145' as I'm still testing the settings. I've read quite a bit about running mod-cons at lower temps compared to my former CI version that ran up to 170-180' but I've not done...
  8. Cold Feet

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue everyone. I recently installed a new WM Aqua-Balance 120C combi boiler in my 2-story 1911 craftsman. I have CI rads on the first and second floors that were running on one zone previously. As part of this project I zoned the floors separately...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks