Search results

1. Supr

Laundry room headaches

well, small update. got the vent installed. ended up just replacing the cast iron with ABS. got the copper tied in and found out i had a bad shut off so replaced that aswell. tried out the system and everything works great. https://imgur.com/a/MsLhc47
  2. Supr

How can I plug a extra fridge in basement without add new breaker?

nevermind, beat me to it haha. any more info on how that outlet is setup with the alarm system?
  3. Supr

Solder and flux recommendation

thanks for the reply Terry. I assumed all solder was lead free now but I guess not. I noticed that some solders list the different amounts of "ingredients" it has in it. is this important at all? this is for home owner use on drinkable water.
  4. Supr

Solder and flux recommendation

hi, this might be a simple question but wanted to get some advice from the pros. i havent soldered in years and the flux and solder that i used to use was great but when i used it yesterday it wouldn't flow for crap. i cleaned the solder before using it but still. ended up throwing it away...
  5. Supr

Laundry room headaches

Also, the situation I'm in you can use the picture you posted to imagine what i'm working with. I have cold water just to the left of the vent and hot water on the right side of that stud between the P trap and vent. I'm trying to install the box in the same place you have it so I'd have to...
  6. Supr

Laundry room headaches

thanks terry, much appreciated. i'm thinking about replacing the rest of the 6-7' iron vent with ABS seeing as the rest of has already been replaced with ABS when it rotted out. that would probably make it easier to tie in a vent for the washer like i was asking about in the other thread. was...
  7. Supr

Laundry & Sink Drain/Vent : Is this correct?

sorry to thread jack but had a question. what is that second pipe running parallel to the vent? is that to help the washing machine vent? if so, i take it the washing machine can not just tie into the drain with out that.
  8. Supr

Replacing Multi-Family Sewer Line Under Slab

what about trenchless pipe repair?
  9. Supr

Laundry room headaches

small update. this weekend we corrected some gas line issues and installed a tankless heater. next on the plumbing list will be the washer. we decided to move the washer to a wall that had a restroom on the other side. this will make it easier for drain and water. only issue i have now is that...
  10. Supr

Help with replacing my PRV...

good to know. just my experience. i also installed a tankless heater. i didnt have white teflon tape on hand so i used yellow just to connect everything and test. it leaked. not bad but a leak is a leak. the white tape fixed it. the yellow tape and dope works great for gas pipe though. i'm sure...
  11. Supr

Bathroom

thats what i figured. thank you
  12. Supr

Bathroom

glad i found this. i'm having a very similar issue where i have to relocate my washing machine. i can get the drain worked out but can not run a vent through the roof. your way would solve that but just wondering if you have any smells coming out of the vent seeing as how it goes to your drain...
  13. Supr

Laundry room headaches

Hi, hoping someone can give me some advice. Working on my in-laws laundry room. its poured concrete room 9x8. Had a 2" drain put in when the concrete was poured and proper vent through the roof. We're in the process of renovating the room and installing a tankless water heater. well, we found...
  14. Supr

Softener. Time for replacement

just an update. i'll be removing my old softener tomorrow and redoing the plumbing and installing the filter. i will get my water tested one more time and if comes back less than 5 again i think i might just continue to run without it. i'm not seeing any side affects of not having a softener...
  15. Supr

The 4.73 is converted from ml/L to GPG since that seems to be the standard measurement. Since our current softener has not been working I really haven't noticed a difference in the feel of the water. We used to have a slippery feel every once in a while but hasn't happened in about a month. We...
  16. Supr

Kenmore softener help

when you have a softener for that long is there a time when you have to replace the media? they seem like very simple machines, only real part that can be damaged is the control.
  17. Supr

thanks you, and thats exactly the problem i'm having right now with my current softener. also, i just received actual lab results for my hardness and the test strip. the test strip shows 0-3 GPG. the lab test shows 81 mg/L (4.73 GPG). so my estimate of a 40k unit was way overkill but ive also...
  18. Supr

so i went and ordered a big blue filter housing (20"). i think im also going to not go with the SXT, from my reading it seems like the mechanical timer is the old tried and true workhorse that lasts forever. am i correct on that? or would the electronic timer have more benefits and only being an...
  19. Supr

I was actually thinking this the other day but I figured maybe they didn't have the technology to have it work accurately. That's definitely the best way to go. So I'm ready to pull the trigger on the 5600, is there a seller/site you guys prefer? And about the pre filter, do I need to wait for...
  20. Supr

one other note. the system that they are selling is non-electric. uses water flow to run the timer. i have not yet seen this design in all of my research. sounds like a good idea but if it were wouldnt everyone be doing it?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks