Search results

1. quadrdr17

Fleck5600SXT with Carbon Upflow Troubleshooting

ABCwaters said that carbon doesn't add to hardness of water. They told me to increase my backwash time, rapid rinse, and brine fill.
  2. quadrdr17

My water is only a little bit softer after regeneration. There is more silkyness but not like when I first installed the system. Before regeneration I don't feel any silkyness but the water isn't hard enough to leave deposits anymore. When checking the hardness after regeneration I'm about 1 and...
  3. quadrdr17

It does count correctly. I use about 200gal/day according to my water bill but I would say more than half is to irrigation which is separate water than the softener besides the plants I do have on the same water. I really believe my problem is that the REGEN is not cleaning the resin bed or the...
  4. quadrdr17

Looking at the picture, mine is definitely the dome style.
  5. quadrdr17

Yes, I have a separate tank full of carbon before the water softener. I got it to reduce chlorine and smell I get sometimes. Also, I forgot to mention that I am on city water. This is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XCCF9TR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  6. quadrdr17

I have the 48k grain Fleck 5600SXT water softener with carbon upflow system. After initial install my water was very soft and silky feeling. After 2 months it feels like I have hard water again. The water started feeling harder after the first REGEN. I am using Potassium because I have plants on...