Search results

1. Brad Perkins

Low Yield Well - Storage tank or Increased Well Bore

See pic for my low yielding well solution. My well is 180 ft with a 250 gallon tank that I hold about 200 gallons in currently. Working really well at the moment. It refills when the tank is about 50% capacity. I can drain the tank thru a ball valve and 2 inch pvc. The pvc coming from the top of...
  2. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

Problem with the loader is that it doesn't lift straight up so binding was a concern. Plus I didn't any help that day.
  3. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

That's true. I used my tractor to hold it and a floor jack at first when I was afraid of dropping my pump in the well.
  4. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

Just wanted to report I installed another pitless adapter above ground yesterday. Didn't go well as I couldn't screw into the pitless without cross threading it. Had to carefully hook up a rope to catch it in case the threads gave out. Then I ran into a tricky detail that I didn't plan well. Not...
  5. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

Anybody think of a good reason why option A is a bad idea other than the fact I'll have a pitless adapter protruding from my casing?
  6. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

Measured the depth and my pump is 10 ft off the bottom. I don't feel I need to mess with that but I need to develop my well more and have a couple options. Feel free to toss out other ideas. Option A is to install another pitless adapter in the casing above ground that I can set the pump on...
  7. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

Something else I noticed that might indicate an issue... A few times I witnessed the cycle sensor reporting 15 amps from my pump when it first starts. Drops down to 3-4 amps in maybe 5 seconds. Normally it spikes at 4 amps and settles around 3 amps. Does this behavior indicate pump buried in...
  8. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

I might be off on my 5 ft calculation. Installed the pump myself and honestly didn't measure the depth. It's not a ton of work to chop 10 ft off and drop the pump back in. The casing is slotted with a gravel screen. How much can I safely limit the flow? What gpm should I target before I...
  9. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

My 8 month old well was drilled 160 ft and my pump is set maybe 5 ft off the bottom. It's cased all the way thru mostly limestone shale. I have a flow inducer sleeve as well on a 10 gpm 1/2 hp pump. This well only makes around 1 gpm so initially I developed it by hooking up a Cycle Sensor to...
  10. Brad Perkins

Goulds Check Valve Issue

Could be sand or other debris in the valve but I only get really fine clay particles in my filter. I'm now replacing my filter every couple of weeks since they are clogging much faster than I anticipated. My well is drilled 160 ft in solid grey limestone and cased all the way down. Let's say the...
  11. Brad Perkins

Goulds Check Valve Issue

I am running 2 of the Goulds 10GS05412C pumps. 1 in the well and 1 in my 250 gallon storage tank. Couple days ago my wife said she heard a loud hum from the basement. The water pressure was fine so I didn't get too concerned. When I got home though I noticed the water in my tank was extremely...
  12. Brad Perkins

Waterline Controls vs Float Switches

There is no voltage in the probes. I have noticed that sometimes the pump triggers the well to fill my take as if voltage is leaking from the pump before the water level in the tank reaches the trigger point.
  13. Brad Perkins

Waterline Controls vs Float Switches

I have a low yielding well that I pump into a 250 gallon poly tank. I then use a sub on the tank to feed the house. To control the well, I'm using a controller from a company in Texas called Waterline Controls as opposed to the more conventional float system. I like that there are no moving...
  14. Brad Perkins

How to wire float switch?

I have both but the lable read was a pump up... I ordered anther cycle sensor today for dry run protection on my cistern pump so I won't need the pump down anymore. wonder if the raw materials used is the issue.
  15. Brad Perkins

I read the fine print on the label when installing today and noticed they said for sewage only. The spec sheet showed it was approved for potable water. Now I'm concerned about these switches. They are centripro a2d23w. Are these not safe?
  16. Brad Perkins

Thanks guys. These float switches are the high amp type so I don't need the relay.
  17. Brad Perkins

240 volt pump so I have 2 hot wires. If I want to wire in float switches. 1 down switch to protect my cistern pump and 2 up switches to power my well pump, how do I do this? For the up switch do I simply splice a float in each leg of the 240 volt circuit? Pics would be great if anybody has some...
  18. Brad Perkins

Well water test results

Thank you. Recommendation for softener? I have a big blue filter. Trying to decide on RO
  19. Brad Perkins

Well water test results

3 people. The only page that I make sense of is the 1st
  20. Brad Perkins

Well water test results

I attached the full report. Any softener recommendations?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks